I choose to do the “That Bucket List Though” https://assignments.ds106.us/assignments/that-bucket-list-though/ assignment (2 stars) in the assignment bank. I choose this assignment because I have always said so many different things are on my bucket list. Everyone knows bucket list completions are essentially pipe dreams and aren’t opportunities that come around very often, therefore I wanted to narrow down my bucket list to 5 very specific things, that I would like to achieve in my lifetime. Here are those dreams:
1. Go Cage Diving with Great White Sharks: This bucket list item came from watching my older sister cage dive with great whites in Cape Town, South Africa. When I was in the 3rd grade my family took an amazing trip to South Africa and my older sister had this opportunity. Sharks have always been a big deal in my family due to the fact that we have religiously watched shark week. So sharks have always been a subject of interest for me.
2. Drive Cross Country in a Motorcycle Gang: My close family friend has also been extremely passionate about motorcycles. Him and his wife were in a motorcycle group that did travel across the country all together. I feel like this would be a very unique way to travel across America and would also be a unique bonding experience with whatever group of people you chose to do it with.
3. Experience the Northern Lights: This bucket list item just comes from how beautiful I think that the Northern Lights are. I love the snow and the atmosphere of northern places such as Alaska. So to experience the snow and the Northern Lights would be a dream come true.
4. See the 7 Wonders of the World: I am a travel fanatic and have always enjoyed experiencing new cultures. I have already seen Chichen Itza so I can cross that off. Having the 7 wonders of the world on my list is kind of like a 7 and 1 deal because in order to complete this bucket list item I still have 6 more places/things to go and see.
5. Scuba Dive at the Great Barrier Reef: Nemo was my favorite moving growing up as a kid and therefore I have always been fascinated with the Great Barrier Reef. This is one item I will need act on quickly because the Great Barrier Reef is not doing well due to pollution. This item on my bucket list means even more to be considering the Great Barrier Reef may not be here for the future generations, so to be able to experience something in person and be able to tell stories about.